Thursday, June 14, 2007

and the beat goes on...

Life can throw some curve balls that's for sure. It's been a hectic few weeks. Good news and bad (they always seem to go hand in hand, as though *someone* wants to remind us that we have to have bad to truly appreciate the good)

Bad first... my beloved nanny has cancer. Just the word itself was enough to make me freak, but apparently its the best kind to get (if your going to get any kind) So we're all very hopeful that every things going to be fine. whew

Good news.... Got my first order, have an amazing company (ies) to design the website (took forever to find people I liked/trusted/could work with)... plus they can do all my printing (ie business cards) do the advertising AND they have a trade show booth to let me use for CKC's next year. So life is looking up.

Had a really distressing incident yesterday though. I was in a wholesale type store that sells retail fixtures. I had Ty with me and he spotted a dog. The sign on the front door said he was friendly but I still wasn't going to let him play with him so I held him. Ty LOVES dogs so he took one look at me and screamed his little high pitched scream. Just once. And the sales lady (HA) came over and got right in his face and YELLED at him NO SCREAMING. He was terrified and I was very put off. I didn't even get a chance to discipline him myself (which would have been a firm no, and an explanation) Ty was pretty upset, he's never had anyone, especially an adult, yell at him like that.

So what do you think? I walked out, and cursed her in my mind all the way home, totally unprofessionally right? Lance thinks I should have popped her one...

How do you deal with those who interfere with your kids?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bri - i just learned about your blog through an MB friend who will, I believe, be one of your designers in the upcoming months. All I have to say regarding your incident with your child is, "WAY TO GO." Yes, I think many of us woudl have lost it and verbally expressed a comment or two, but you know what - the best thing you did was maintain silent and walk out. Your child did not need any more stress than what he already had from a stranger scolding him. It is tough. I have a 4 year old who just loves to wonder and touch which can get her in to trouble. NO ONE can tell me that it is because of the way I discipline or have raised her. People forget what it is like to be a child. They are little creative sponges feeding off of everything and the simplest thing amuzes them. They can be discipline but realistically they have their own little expressive minds. So he screamed. She should have let you approach him first before scolding him. She had no right. The nerves.

- Zoe